Supporting End-of-Life Care in Nursing Homes
Knowing the person, following their wishes and providing individualised care is considered key to quality palliative and end-of-life care. Caru enables staff to continuously review, reflect and improve the end-of-life care they provide for residents and their families. It promotes holistic, person-centred care and a continuous quality improvement approach that places the resident at the heart of every decision. Good end-of-life care is about being supported to live well until you die.
Quality end-of-life care ensures that the person
- Is respected and are at the centre of all decisions about their care.
- Is prepared for what lies ahead.
- Has choice, where possible, on their preferred place of care and has the supports they need for a good death.
- Is treated with dignity and receives comfort in their care as death approaches.
- Knows their family and those important to them will be supported in their grief after their death.